Ambassadors for Elgin County promote the County as a place that is “Progressive By Nature” - a County that not only provides a high quality of life but also offers many successful business opportunities.
Elgin County Ambassadors are people who volunteer their time to help promote business throughout Elgin County and actively participate in the growth and development of the County. Ambassadors are individuals with existing business networks both in the local community and also outside of Elgin County.
Your main responsibility as an Ambassador is to endorse Elgin County as a place in which to invest and live, drawing attention to the many assets and benefits of locating a business in Elgin County
Learn more about the Ambassador Program by downloading the Ambassador Information Package today!
Ambassadors can expect to enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Networking with other entrepreneurs and business people, both locally and abroad.
- Involvements in helping the County grow through the attraction of new businesses.
- Greater visibility for themselves and their business, both locally and abroad.
- Immediate access to new businesses locating in Elgin County.
- Opportunity for direct participation with the County.
- Lasting business relationships and friendships.
- Leadership opportunities within the various sectors of the community.
The Elgin County Ambassador Program is open to business leaders who are prepared to promote Elgin County in their daily activities and in their business travels. They are residents of Elgin County or they have roots in Elgin County but live abroad. All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a business leader in good standing with Elgin County
- Successfully complete the Ambassador Training Program
- Represent Elgin County in a positive and responsible manner
Duties & Responsibilities
To stay in good standing with the Elgin County Ambassador Program and retain Ambassador status, Ambassadors must:
- Participate in a minimum of two quarterly breakfast meetings
- Provide at least one business, tradeshow, conference or special event lead per year
- And / or recruit one new Ambassador per year
To measure Ambassador participation, points will be awarded for a variety of items and tracked by the Elgin County Ambassador Program liaison staff. Details regarding this point system are explained in the Ambassador Handbook . In addition to the quarterly breakfast meetings, Ambassadors are encouraged to participate in external activities that promote Elgin County.
Becoming an Ambassador
In order to become an Elgin County Ambassador the following steps need to be taken:
- Complete the online application form
- Once submitted, applications will be reviewed and a decision made within one week.
- At the end of the review period applicants will be contacted with a welcome message or an explanation as to why they were not accepted.
- Ambassadors will be provided with an Ambassador Program Welcome Package.