Elgin County has excellent business advantages, including a central location in Southern Ontario, in addition to breathtaking scenery and an unmatched quality of life.
These top 5 reasons showcase why Elgin County is an ideal location for business:
- Elgin County provides businesses with access to a consumer market of over 10,000,000 within a 2 ½ hour drive. Toronto, Detroit, Niagara Falls, Windsor, Hamilton, Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Kitchener / Waterloo and Cambridge are all within this radius.
- Elgin County enjoys one of Canada’s longest growing seasons, and contains much of the nation’s most fertile soil. We are within the unique 1% of Canada’s geographic area called the Carolinian Zone, which is home to more species of flora and fauna than anywhere else in Canada.
- Elgin County benefits from an average residential dwelling selling price of $208,076, which is far below the national average of $348,178 and much lower than the City of Toronto average of $463,534. (Figures from CREA and London / St. Thomas Real Estate Association)
- Elgin County is strategically located with convenient access to Highways 401, 402 and 403. Railways, airports and marine ports are all within an hour drive.
- Elgin County’s diverse base of agribusiness, creative enterprises, manufacturing, and tourism industries allows for competitive labour and business costs. Elgin County is a great place to live and do business.