elgin county's Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E) Program
Empowering Your Business Growth in Our Vibrant Community.
Welcome to Elgin County's Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E) Program! We are thrilled to introduce this initative designed to support local businesses, recognizing that they are the cornerstone of our community's success. Through confidential interviews using a standardized survey, our goal is to understand their unique needs and help them thrive.
Benefits for Businesses
By participating in this program, business owners can:
1. Share Insights: We compile survey data to assess the health and needs of our business landscape. This information helps us craft annual reports, including goals and action plans, to better serve our business community. These reports are shared publicly to ensure transparency, without revealing identifying information.
2. Receive Support: We offer immediate assistance if a business is facing operational challenges or planning significant changes.
3. Unlock Resources: We share a wealth of services and resources at the federal, provincial, and local levels to enhance business operations.
Our BR+E program is currently open to all businesses operating in the County of Elgin.
Ready to Get Started?
Click the link below to schedule your interview:
Meet Abigail Moore, our dedicated Business Enterprise Facilitator for the County of Elgin. She leads our efforts, coordinates business visits, administers surveys, and manages data. Abigail holds a degree in business, possesses firsthand experience in business ownership, and places a high value on excellent customer service. She is here to support you, backed by a dedicated leadership team and resource network.
Our Leadership Team ensures this program benefits all communities across our region. They provide guidance, champion the program within their communities, assist in addressing concerns and opportunities, and contribute to the development and implementation of our annual goals and action plans. Meet our esteemed leaders:
|Andy Grozelle||Chief Administrative Office||Town of Aylmer|
|Thomas Thayer||Chief Administrative Officer||Municipality of Bayham|
|Ed Ketchabaw||Mayor and Warden of Elgin County||Municipality of Bayham|
|Robin Greenall||Chief Administrative Officer||Municipality of Central Elgin|
|Tracy Johnson||Chief Administrative Officer and Treasurer||Municipality of Dutton Dunwich|
|Henry Dryfhout||Councillor and Chair of the Dutton Dunwich Economic Development Committee||Municipality of Dutton Dunwich|
|Nathan Dias||Chief Administrative Officer||Township of Malahide|
|Lisa Higgs||Chief Administrative Officer||Township of Southwold|
|Justin Pennings||Deputy Mayor and Chair of the Southwold Economic Development Committee||Township of Southwold|
|Magda Badura||Chief Administrative Officer||Municipality of West Elgin|
Last but not least, our Resource Network is a dynamic team of industry experts that assist in addressing immediate concerns and opportunities and implementing action plans, including municipal staff, community organizations, and professionals in various fields. They are here to support you on your business journey.
If you would like to join this network, please contact Abigail:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (519) 631-1460 ext. 199
In the short term, we aim to:
- Strenghten relationships with our existing businesses.
- Address immediate concerns and opportunities.
- Gather vital business market data.
- Identify our community's strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop and implement tailored action plans.
In the long-term, we're focused on:
- Boosting the competitiveness of our existing businesses.
- Fostering sustainable development.
- Creating new job opportunities.
1. How long will it take to complete the survey?
The survey is expected to take around 30 minutes but may vary depending on the depth of discussions.
2. What type of questions will be asked during my interview?
The survey covers five sections:
- Business Information
- Business Climate
- Future Plans
- Community Development
You have the option to skip any questions skip any questions you're not comfortable answering.
3. Who will be present at my interview?
There will be a maximum of three people present during your interview. Once scheduled, we will share the names and positions of your expected interviewers. If you have any concerns, there is always the option to request different or fewer interviewers.
4. How will you ensure confidentiality?
Rest assured, all identifying information contained in the survey will be kept confidential. Everyone involved in the program has signed confidentiality agreements and is committed to this principle. All completed surveys will be marked as confidential and filed in existing business profiles. Your trust is our priority!